Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Pandora | RSS
This week we talk about Christmas traditions, the conflicting nativities, and this year’s War on Christmas.
What Christmas traditions did you grow up with?
- Got feedback? Use the contact form or leave us a voice message using htotw.com/speakpipe
- Support the show at htotw.com/donate
- Subscribe at htotw.com/subscribe
- Join our Discord server at htotw.com/discord
Dustin’ off the Degree
Which nativity story?
- Melania Trump Is Getting Roasted on Twitter Over the White House Christmas Tree
- We needed to hear Melania Trump say “Who gives a f*ck about Christmas”
- The View hilariously ridicules ‘Narnia Ice Queen’ Melania Trump for pretending to love Christmas
- Tucker: Our power-hungry leaders are trying to cancel Christmas
- Hundreds of mostly maskless people attend Christmas singalong in Thousand Oaks organized by actor Kirk Cameron
- Holiday light’s display money donation box stolen
- Wisconsin Department of Health warns against eating the ‘cannibal sandwich,’ a traditional holiday dish in the state
- FFRF’s Andrew Seidel calls out illegal religious display in recent op-ed – Freedom From Religion Foundation
- FFRF Displays
- Drive-thru live Nativities are tailor-made for a COVID-19 Christmas
- Nebraska Governor Who Downplayed COVID Proclaims “Day of Prayer” to Beat COVID
- Mississippi governor declares this Sunday ‘Day of Prayer, Humility and Fasting’
- Where’s Boise State’s backbone? There’s no problem with exercising religion on campus
- Boise State football chaplain pushes Constitution boundaries
- Avery via email link
- Raymond via SpeakPipe
- Donation from Raymond
This episode is brought to you by:
- Henry K
- Danielle M
- Pat Acks from the Humanists of Idaho
- Beatriz A
- Darryl G
- Arthur K
- Erik from Wyoming
- Jennifer N
- Erica B
- Richard G
- Rebecca P
And by our $1 patrons and those who want no reward.
You can find us online at www.htotw.com, follow us on Twitter @AtheistNomads, like us on Facebook, email us at email@example.com, and leave us a voice message using SpeakPipe.
Theme music is provided by Sturdy Fred.
Hello Lauren, Dustin and family!
Happy Holidays! Io Saturnalia!
I’m listening to your latest episode on christmas eve and had to comment on your offhand remark on raw ground beef.
I thought the following might be interesting in the spirit of cultural exchange.
I live in Germany and here raw minced pork is very common. Usually it is spiced with salt, pepper and raw onions and call it “Mett”. (Pronounced almost like “Matt” in English.)
We regularly eat it on bread rolls. I repeatedly heard Americans are grossed out by this but I feel its just a case of appropriate sanitary regulation for the butchers. If eaten fresh there are no health risks and its delicious.
I think the law here is the minced meat *has* to be sold on the same day as produced along with other sanitary precautions.
There is a tradition since the 1950s to offer Mett at parties, shaped like a hedgehog with raw onion spikes. Usually with
bread rolls, pretzels or similar.
(The second article is only available in German but Google translate will do an adequate job. I also already summarized it above.
Have a great time and enjoy the holidays.
Best Regards, Martin from Karlsruhe, Germany.