- Wesley’s report on Reason Fest
- Prize – Autographed copy of Shelley Segal’s An Atheist Album
- The Rules – Tell us why it’s important to be an out atheist in no more than 500 words if written or 3 minutes if it’s audio. May be submitted by email or on the voice mail line at 541-203-0666
- Deadline is 05/11/13
0:07:35 FEEDBACK – Vance
0:11:37 THIS DAY IN HISTORY – May 2, 2011
- CISPA passes the US House of Representatives again
- Wringing a washcloth in orbit
- Kepler finds earth like worlds
- AquaAdvantage Salmon nears FDA approval
Foundation Beyond Belief now has 1386 members, help them reach their goal of 2500!
- Boston Marathon bombing
- Blasphemy and islamism in Turkey
- Roger Gorley (Amanda Brown’s father) arrested for refusing to leave partner’s bedside
- Boy Scouts propose allowing gay kids, but not adults
- Major leagues prepare for openly gay athletes
- A couple’s second child dies due to reliance of faith healing
- Pussy Riot’s Nadia Tolokonnikova denied parole
- Iceland gives secular organizations equal footing with other non-official groups
0:42:36 INTERVIEW – Jay Novella
Jay has been a skeptical activist for 15 years who serves as a co-host and producer of The Skeptics’ Guide To The Universe, a popular science podcast. Jay is also the producer and director of SGU Video Productions whose videos can be seen on the SGU YouTube channel. He also is the Director of Marketing and Technology for The New England Skeptical Society, a not for profit organization focused on promoting higher standards of education, especially in the areas of science and critical thinking. For the past 3 years, Jay has served on the board of directors for the Northeast Conference on Science and Skepticism, a yearly conference held in NYC. Jay also is a regular contributor to The Rogues Gallery, a popular science and skepticism blog.
1:55:33 MUSIC – Bleak Harvest by Scott Williams (used by permission)
Theme music is provided by Sturdy Fred.
Recorded 04/22/13 and 04/27/13 for release on 05/02/13