This week we talk about the colonial and post-colonial destabilizing of Africa as we move closer to the modern Pentecostal and Evangelical takeover. In the news we have religious right conspiracy theorists, a win on vaccine religious exemptions, wellness and misinformation, the Reformed Church’s attempt to avoid schism and more.
- The feedback form is at htotw.com/contact
- Leave us voice message at htotw.com/speakpipe
- Support the show at htotw.com/donate
- Subscribe at htotw.com/subscribe
- Join our Discord server at htotw.com/discord
Dustin’ off the Degree
The Scrambling of Africa
- The Scramble for Africa
- Intentional unstable boarders
- Destabilizing decolonization
- Welcome to the 3rd World
- Dictatorship, civil wars, apartheid, land and wealth redistribution
- Rwandan Genocide and Congo Wars
- Malaria and HIV
- Malaria is estimated to suppress 33% of GDP across sub-Saharan Africa.
- HIV crossed to humans from SIV through bush meat harvest and processing and spread initially through syphilis infested brothels in the Belgian Congo.
- Current HIV Rates are 4.9% across all of sub-Saharan Africa and as high as 26% is Eswatini.
- Right wing election conspiracy theorist blames Biden’s election on Satan
- “Prophetess”: My 1,000,000-Angel Army Will Stop “Critical Race Theory” in School
- Judge Tosses Lawsuit from Religious Workers Suing Over Maine’s Vaccine Mandate
- The dark side of wellness: the overlap between spiritual thinking and far-right conspiracies
- The Reformed Church in America moves toward restructuring, prepares for departures
- A Pastor Who Raped and Impregnated a 14-Year-Old Girl Will Face No Jail Time
- At least 6 Hindus men killed, temples vandalized in Bangladesh violence
- Rich via the website
- Christiner Via Facebook
This episode is brought to you by:
- Henry K
- Pat Acks from the Humanists of Idaho
- Big Easy Blasphemy
- Darryl G
- Arthur K
- Samuel C
- Beatriz A
- Erik from Wyoming
- Levi C
- Richard G
- Steve F
- Brad R
And by our $1 patrons and those who want no reward.
Contact information, show notes, and links to Social Media and the like can be found at https://htotw.com
Theme music is provided by Sturdy Fred.