Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Pandora | RSS
THIS DAY IN HISTORY January 8
* 1835 – The United States national debt is zero for the only time.
* 1867 – African American men are granted the right to vote in Washington, D.C.
* 1982 – The break up of AT&T: AT&T agrees to divest itself of twenty-two subdivisions.
* 2005 – The nuclear sub USS San Francisco collides at full speed with an undersea mountain south of Guam. One man is killed, but the sub surfaces and is repaired.
* 2011 – The attempted assassination of Arizona Representative Gabrielle Giffords and subsequent shooting in Casas Adobes, Arizona at a Safeway grocery store, for which Jared Lee Loughner is subsequently arrested, kills six people and wounds 13, including Giffords.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
* Canadian woo doc treated suicidal teen with vitamins
* Australian court to penalize homeopaths for false claims
* Vaccination up in California
POLITICS AND RELIGION
* Update – Ryan Bell | Adventist response | Other Christian response
* Update – Educational website about child medical neglect in Idaho launched
* Transgender teen commits suicide due to parent’s religious treatment of her
* He’s not dead, just meditating
* Prohibiting discrimination is discrimination
* Alabama city want’s to declare God it’s owner
* Turning the other cheek: Christian MMA
* Zombie nativity defied take down order
* More going on on Facebook and Twitter
* Alf via email
* @gwenexperience via Twitter on Christmas
* @gwenexperience via Twitter regarding Episode 75
Email us at email@example.com or call us at (541) 203-0666.
Robert Ray and Virginia Dawn both switched to Patreon
This episode is brought to you by:
Dark Matter Sponsor – US$40.00 – US$50.00 per month
Nuclear Sponsor – US$20.00 per month
* Travis Megee
* Renee Davis-Pelt
* Russ from the Kitsap Atheists & Agnostics
Platinum Sponsor – US$10.00 per month
* Virginia Dawn
* Robert Ray from the Humanists of the North Puget Sound
Gold Sponsor – US$5.00 per month
* Gary from Idaho Atheists
Bronze Sponsor – US$10.00 per year
Kickass Patron – US$1.00 per episode
* The Flying Skeptic
* Archway Hosting provides full featured web hosting for a fraction of the cost of traditional shared hosting. You get all the benefits of shared hosting, without the sticker shock or extra fees. Check them out at archwayhosting.com.
You can find us online at www.htotw.com, follow us on Twitter @AtheistNomads, like us on Facebook, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and leave us a voice mail message at (541) 203-0666.
Theme music is provided by Sturdy Fred.