We want listeners to be able to hear you clearly and try to maintain as professional of quality as we possibly can. If you are in the Boise, ID area we can conduct the interview in our studio, otherwise we will record using Skype, in this case here are some considerations to make you sound your best:
- Find a quiet place with as little of an echo as possible. You can test the echo by with a single, sharp clap.
- This interview will conducted over the internet, so a wired connection is preferable.
- Make sure you will be comfortable. Shifting your position due to being in an uncomfortable place varies your distance from the microphone, this results in uneven audio levels and makes post processing more difficult.
- Wear headphones, while closed backed studio monitor headphones are ideal, earbuds should be fine. This will reduce the chance of your microphone picking up my voice.
- The microphone you use is important. Have it facing you 15 – 45 degrees off access not more than 4 inches from your mouth. In selecting the microphone you use, here is the list, in order of preference:
- Dynamic cardiod XLR microphone.
- Any other XLR or USB microphone.
- Wired gaming headset.
- Wired phone headset such as the Apple Earpods or Samsung headset. If your computer has a combo audio jack, then you can use this with your computer, otherwise plug it into your phone.
- Your smart phone held up to your head.
- A dedicated webcam like the Logitech C920.
- As a last resort only, use the built in microphone in your laptop or a Bluetooth headset like the Apple Airpod.